Tag Archive for ‘iphone 7’
A bump in the road ~ Shanghai
My passport vanished and when you lose a passport as a resident in China, here is what you have to do:
- File a police report at the local police station
- Take the report to the exit/entry bureau and request a lost passport form
- Take the form to the consulate of your country
- Get a replacement passport
- Get a linkage letter confirming connection of old passport to new passport
- Take the passport to the local police station to update your registration form
- Take passport, registration form and visa documents to exit/entry bureau
- Apply for new resident visa
- Reapply for Myanmar visa
- Reissue passports and itinerary
- Wait and cross your fingers
I became so familiar with the government officials that I’m thinking of baking them cookies just about now!
So with love from Shanghai and soon from elsewhere 🙂
And I am a big believer in things happening for a reason. Myanmar awaits.
Xitang~ An Old Water Town
A 90 minute drive from the bustling Shanghai Metropolis, lies one of several old water towns where life carries on with a completely different rhythm. Water has this way of slowing things life down to a gentle meander, and it magically transforms reality into gentler ripples of dream like visions. Blue and soft in nature, it allows for a place in oneself of deep contemplation. The old walls seem as thought they are speaking to the visitors, telling tales of times that have been and predicting the tales that will inevitable come to be.
All images taken with iphone 7, edited with snapseed.