My passport vanished and when you lose a passport as a resident in China, here is what you have to do:
- File a police report at the local police station
- Take the report to the exit/entry bureau and request a lost passport form
- Take the form to the consulate of your country
- Get a replacement passport
- Get a linkage letter confirming connection of old passport to new passport
- Take the passport to the local police station to update your registration form
- Take passport, registration form and visa documents to exit/entry bureau
- Apply for new resident visa
- Reapply for Myanmar visa
- Reissue passports and itinerary
- Wait and cross your fingers
I became so familiar with the government officials that I’m thinking of baking them cookies just about now!
So with love from Shanghai and soon from elsewhere 🙂
And I am a big believer in things happening for a reason. Myanmar awaits.