After a puzzling 2016 to say the least, when almost nothing conformed to the ‘norm’ of life as we expect it to be, from world affairs, to weather, and strange phenomena; 2017 approaches and I find myself moving towards it with caution, deep thought, care, apprehension and hope for a shift towards higher standards and a world with saner priorities.
Wishing you all a peaceful transition and a bright new year!
With love from frosty beautiful Germany~
As it turned out, Myanmar was not meant to happen till December.
My passport vanished and when you lose a passport as a resident in China, here is what you have to do:
- File a police report at the local police station
- Take the report to the exit/entry bureau and request a lost passport form
- Take the form to the consulate of your country
- Get a replacement passport
- Get a linkage letter confirming connection of old passport to new passport
- Take the passport to the local police station to update your registration form
- Take passport, registration form and visa documents to exit/entry bureau
- Apply for new resident visa
- Reapply for Myanmar visa
- Reissue passports and itinerary
- Wait and cross your fingers
I became so familiar with the government officials that I’m thinking of baking them cookies just about now!
So with love from Shanghai and soon from elsewhere 🙂
And I am a big believer in things happening for a reason. Myanmar awaits.
I just love the feeling of counting down the last few hours before another adventure into the unknown. I have wanted to visit this magical country for so long and now the bags are packed, cameras charged and inspiration is off the scale…
next posts from the beautiful world of Myanmar.
1933, a maze of amazingly original architecture, flying bridges, spiral staircases, dimly lit corridors, an eerie feeling of disorientation, and a must location to challenge any aspiring photographer. I love returning to this building again and again, that primarily served as a cattle slaughterhouse after its construction in 1933 in Hongkou, later a cold storage facility, and a medicine factory among other uses; it now hosts creative spaces, restaurants and shops as well as a few bewildered photographers. The possibilities here are endless to create, dream and compose.