It is not enough to love your camera, to love photography and to love travel. Good portraits are about loving people, other humans, those that co-inhabit our earth. Looking at them with compassion, togetherness, curiosity and the wish to belong to this fascinating and colorful range of humanity.
Isn’t every moment a step further into the unknown? We think we know where we are going, we have it all planned out, then life reminds us of the futility of our false certainty. I welcome the unknown, I want to live in the joy of discovery, to be surprised by life, to meet the future with an open mind.
I took these images today at the amazing James Turrell exhibit in Shanghai.
After a puzzling 2016 to say the least, when almost nothing conformed to the ‘norm’ of life as we expect it to be, from world affairs, to weather, and strange phenomena; 2017 approaches and I find myself moving towards it with caution, deep thought, care, apprehension and hope for a shift towards higher standards and a world with saner priorities.
Wishing you all a peaceful transition and a bright new year!
With love from frosty beautiful Germany~
As it turned out, Myanmar was not meant to happen till December.
My passport vanished and when you lose a passport as a resident in China, here is what you have to do:
- File a police report at the local police station
- Take the report to the exit/entry bureau and request a lost passport form
- Take the form to the consulate of your country
- Get a replacement passport
- Get a linkage letter confirming connection of old passport to new passport
- Take the passport to the local police station to update your registration form
- Take passport, registration form and visa documents to exit/entry bureau
- Apply for new resident visa
- Reapply for Myanmar visa
- Reissue passports and itinerary
- Wait and cross your fingers
I became so familiar with the government officials that I’m thinking of baking them cookies just about now!
So with love from Shanghai and soon from elsewhere 🙂
And I am a big believer in things happening for a reason. Myanmar awaits.
I just love the feeling of counting down the last few hours before another adventure into the unknown. I have wanted to visit this magical country for so long and now the bags are packed, cameras charged and inspiration is off the scale…
next posts from the beautiful world of Myanmar.