As it turned out, Myanmar was not meant to happen till December.
My passport vanished and when you lose a passport as a resident in China, here is what you have to do:
- File a police report at the local police station
- Take the report to the exit/entry bureau and request a lost passport form
- Take the form to the consulate of your country
- Get a replacement passport
- Get a linkage letter confirming connection of old passport to new passport
- Take the passport to the local police station to update your registration form
- Take passport, registration form and visa documents to exit/entry bureau
- Apply for new resident visa
- Reapply for Myanmar visa
- Reissue passports and itinerary
- Wait and cross your fingers
I became so familiar with the government officials that I’m thinking of baking them cookies just about now!
So with love from Shanghai and soon from elsewhere 🙂
And I am a big believer in things happening for a reason. Myanmar awaits.
This is Lea, she is 7 years old, she was born in Germany, lived there for 2 years, moved to Shanghai and has been living there for 5 + years. Her parents are a mix of Lebanese, German and American. She holds both the German and the American passports. When you ask Lea where she is from she has to think of the best answer to give you and in which language to deliver it. Most of Lea’s friends are just as mixed if not more and most have a hard time tracing back their roots.
I imagine what the world was like prior to integration and mixed race marriages. I wonder what this phenomenon of crisscrossed roots is causing on our planet. Everything that happens here is causative of something, a shift of balances. Our roots have a great influence on who we are, so I wonder what kind of role all this mixing plays in our lives and in our destinies.
Lea has developed a great fascination with the desert the last few days and is determined that she will move there and ride a camel to school every day. Is that one of her roots activating? The root that made her hair curl suddenly in the last year?