It’s always a good time to restart a blog, but there is something more compelling about living through:
- a global pandemic
- a general breakdown of norms as we know them
- an increase in conductivity (trust me on that)
- incredibly strange weather patterns
- varied degrees of lockdown measures
- living vicariously through my photographic archived memories
- becoming great friends with my teenage daughter
- a complete change of domestic circumstance
- a complete halt on all travel plans and viewing humans as 2 dimensional beings through Zoom.
- adding a whole new set of skills to my arsenal (Motion Graphics)! (More on that soon)
Yesterday I decided to just go see what other people are doing during this almost 10 days of unusual arctic temperatures in Germany. So after spending one hour trying to remove thick ice from the car, I made it on the icy roads to Duesseldorf, to find joyful people, walking in the bright sun, on white frozen snow, next to a Rhein River in high tide, some masked, some not and I was in awe of finding out how much I missed people in general, the passing conversations with strangers and the funny smiles I get when I perform my weird acrobatics to get strange angled shots.
what have you been up to these days?